Did you know that over 100 million units of microwaves are shipped annually? The high statistics stem from the convenience and cooking speed of the appliance. But one of the most common problems people face with their microwaves is the loud interference that comes with using them. Luckily, you can activate the silent mode setting, which allows you to mute the sound.
Depending on the brand of your microwave, you can activate silent mode by pressing certain buttons. For instance, some brands require you to hold the "start" button for three seconds or press it twice in quick succession.
Read on to learn more about how to activate your microwave silent mode.
- How to Silence a Microwave Without a Sound Button
- 1. Samsung Microwave Silent Mode
- 2. LG Microwave Silent Mode
- 3. Whirlpool Microwave Silent Mode
- 4. GE Microwave Silent Mode
- 5. Frigidaire Microwave Silent Mode
- 6. Hamilton Beach Microwave Silent Mode
- 7. Panasonic Microwave Silent Mode
- Reduce Noise from Your Microwave Today
How to Silence a Microwave Without a Sound Button
Many microwaves nowadays come with a sound button prominently placed on them. However, some microwaves don't have one. It is because some manufacturers assume that their users do not need it. However, no one wants to put up with the noise of a running microwave for too long.
The noise can cause an irritating and distracting environment at home or in the office. It can also mess up your concentration when studying or working.
To get around this, press the "Start" or "Cancel" button twice in quick succession on your microwave. Doing this will cause a beep on display, indicating your microwave's silent mode official activation. In other brands, you can get a sound-related text on display.
If your microwave silent mode is not activated with the above method, you can hold the "Start" button consistently until you hear a beep. However, contact the manufacturer or a service center if nothing happens.
1. Samsung Microwave Silent Mode
- Sensor Cook automatically adjusts cooking time
Samsung microwaves are best known for their unique design and advanced features. The microwave also has an option or setting menu button that can allow you to configure different settings according to your preference.
The settings include changing the language, setting the clock, and activating the silent mode. Here is a quick guide on how to activate your Samsung microwave's silent mode:
- Press the "Settings" or "Option" button.
- Scroll down and select the "Sound Setting" option.
- Scroll to the "Silent Mode" option and press it.
- Select "On" and press the "Start" button.
If your microwave goes directly to the "sound setting" display rather than the "silent mode" setting, you can configure the "sound setting" from "on" to "off." You can also adjust the sound level to low, medium, or high if the desired sound setting is not available.
2. LG Microwave Silent Mode
LG microwaves are best if you want an energy-efficient appliance with modern features. The microwave can ensure an evenly cooked dish with its inverter technology. It can also provide a better cooking experience with its unique sensors.
Activating the silent mode on this appliance is quite simple. The manufacturers provide a dedicated button for it. However, only some LG models have this button.
Here is a quick guide on how to activate the silent mode of LG microwaves:
- Press the "Sound button" on the control panel if your LG microwave model has it.
- If not, press and hold the "Start" button for three seconds until you hear a beep.
- Select the "Off" option in the sound settings, then press "Start."
You can also adjust the sound levels to meet your preference if the silent mode is unavailable on your LG microwave.
3. Whirlpool Microwave Silent Mode
Whirlpool microwaves are best for their wide range of cooking options to suit different needs, from keeping food warm to reheating leftovers. They also have potent grills and convection systems that can cook food evenly.
The microwaves also have a silent mode that you can activate with the right steps. Here is how to do it:
- Press the "Clock" button to get the pull-up menu.
- Select the "Sound" option.
- Drop down to the "Beep Tone" option.
- Select the "Off" option
If your microwave has no sound option setting, pull up the menu, press the "Clock" button, and then "2" to set the sound to "Off." If you still have trouble activating the silent mode, contact your local Whirlpool service center for help.
4. GE Microwave Silent Mode
- AIR FRY MODE - Cook healthier, crispier versions of your favorite foods in less time, thanks to an air fryer built into your microwave.Electrical...
GE microwaves are well-rated for their modern and stylish design. The appliance has many features to make cooking more convenient, such as two-speed convection cooking. It can also allow you to reduce the noise levels to the ranges you desire.
Here is how to activate the silent mode on a GE microwave:
- Press the "Beeper Volume" button on the control panel.
- Press 0 to 3 according to the preferred volume range
- Press the "Start" button to save changes.
If the silent mode is unavailable on your GE microwave, you can adjust the beeper volume by pressing the "Beeper Volume" button repeatedly.
5. Frigidaire Microwave Silent Mode
- Effortless Clean InteriorEasily wipe away and clean spills from your microwave with the Effortless Clean Interior surface.
Frigidaire microwave is a reliable and robust appliance with many features, such as the convection oven mode. The microwave also has an easy-to-set silent mode that can help reduce the noise levels when using the appliance.
Here is how to activate the silent mode on a Frigidaire microwave:
- Press & hold the "Start" button on the control panel for 6 seconds
- Once you hear a beep, you can release the button.
When you activate the silent mode, the LED indicator light will blink. You can contact a service center for help if silent mode is not activated.
6. Hamilton Beach Microwave Silent Mode
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Hamilton Beach microwaves are best for their simple design and many features, such as one-touch cooking. However, activating the silent mode is complex for many users and can be done in three different methods:
Here is how to activate the silent mode on your Hamilton Beach microwave:
- Press and hold either "0" or "1" on the number pad for 5 seconds
- Once you hear a beep, release the button
- Press and hold either the "Stop" or "Cancel" button for 3 seconds
- After the beep, release the button
- Press the "Sound" button until the sound is off
- Press the "Start" button to save changes
Contact a Hamilton Beach service center for help if all these methods fail.
7. Panasonic Microwave Silent Mode
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built in microwave delivers a seamless stream of...
Panasonic microwaves are known for their modern technology and sleek design. They have many features, such as one-touch cooking and auto defrost, to ensure the best user experience. However, activating the silent mode on these microwaves is not as straightforward as with other brands.
Here is a guide on how to activate your Panasonic microwave silent mode:
- Press the "Prog" button.
- Wait for a beep
- Press the "Prog" button again.
- Select the "Off" option in the beep tone option
- Press the "0" button to save changes
You can contact a service center or the manufacturer if you're having trouble activating the silent mode on your Panasonic microwave.
Reduce Noise from Your Microwave Today
A noisy microwave can be annoying. Fortunately, you can configure your microwave to be silent using different methods.
Activating the microwave's silent mode varies depending on your microwave's type. Some can be straightforward, as they have a dedicated silent mode button, while some require a more complex process.
Contact a reliable local service center for help if you have trouble activating the microwave's silent mode.