If you are about to microwave something but notice you are out of paper towels, there’s no need to worry. You can place a napkin over your food to ensure it doesn’t splatter the inside of your microwave. It is best not to put the napkin directly on your food as it could get stuck to it.
How to Use Napkins in the Microwave:
Using napkins to cover your food in the microwave is super easy and keeps the inside of your microwave clean. This method works best if your food is in a bowl to ensure the napkin stays off your food. Here is how to properly use disposable napkins in the microwave if heating leftovers:
- Get the leftovers out of the refrigerator, and place them on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place a few open napkins over the plate.
- Place the plate of leftovers covered with napkins in the microwave.
- Microwave the food for as long as it takes to become thoroughly heated. You might need to stir or rearrange the leftovers a few times to ensure even heating.
- Remove the plate of food from the microwave. Careful it is most likely extremely hot!
- Remove the napkins from the top of the plate and discard them.
- Enjoy your hot food and clean microwave!
You can use disposable or cloth napkins in the microwave to cover your food, and they work virtually the same way. However, unlike disposable napkins, cloth napkins can be placed directly on food and should not stick to it.
Whether you choose to use disposable or cloth napkins in the microwave is up to you. Just remember not to put disposable napkins directly on the food you plan to eat.