YES, you can absolutely microwave kale! Microwaving kale is a fast and easy way to cook your greens without losing too many nutrients.
It only takes a few minutes to cook kale in the microwave, making it a great snack or a super simple side for lunch or dinner. There are many different ways to cook kale, and each of them is fantastic.
How to Cook Kale in the Microwave:
If you are trying to make a quick healthy snack or a side for lunch or dinner, microwaved kale is a great option. You can steam kale in the microwave using these super-simple steps:
- Place your cleaned and shredded kale in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of water to the bowl of kale.
- Place a paper towel over the bowl of kale and water.
- Place the bowl in the microwave.
- Set the time for 2 minutes and press start.
- After the microwave beeps, remove the bowl from the microwave. Careful, it’s hot!
- Pour the kale into a strainer to remove the excess water. Be careful; the steam is extremely hot!
- Pour the strained kale into a serving dish, add your favorite seasonings, and enjoy!
Other Ways to Cook Kale:
Making kale chips is another excellent way to cook kale. It is super simple to make kale chips, and they are perfect for a super healthy snack. Kale chips are packed with nutrients, and they are much healthier than potato chips.
Another great way to cook kale is to sauté it with a bit of butter or oil and any seasoning of your choice. It does take longer to sauté kale than it does to microwave it, but if you are willing to take the time to cook it this way, you will not be disappointed.
There are a few other ways to cook kale, like blanching, braising, or roasting, but each of these ways takes a lot longer to cook than if you were to cook your kale in the microwave.
Cooking kale in the microwave is a great alternative if you want a healthy side for lunch or just as your main lunch. Whatever way you decide to cook your kale, it will be delicious either way.