If you are trying to make a super quick breakfast for yourself or your children, Eggos are a great and simple option. There are a few different ways to cook Eggos, one way being in the microwave.
YES, it is all right to cook Eggos in the microwave, but they may not get crispy, and if you like your waffles or pancakes crispy, this may not be the best way to go.
Cooking Frozen Eggos in the Microwave:
If you choose to cook Eggos in the microwave, here are the steps to do so:
- Place a few paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Take two Eggos out of the freezer, and place them side by side on the paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave the Eggos on high for 30 seconds, then flip them over. Be careful; the Eggos might be very hot!
- Replace the Eggos in the microwave, and microwave them for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove the Eggos from the microwave and discard the paper towels.
- Top your Eggos with desired toppings, and enjoy!
Other Ways to Cook Eggos
The absolute best way to cook Eggos is in the toaster. Cooking Eggos in the toaster is super simple, and you can cook them this way whether they are frozen or thawed.
To cook the Eggos in the toaster, all you need to do is place the frozen or thawed Eggos in the toaster and set the toaster for one to two minutes. Once the Eggos popup, you can see if they are golden brown, but if they are not golden brown, toast them for an extra 20 to 50 seconds.
Another way to cook Eggos is in the oven. The great thing about cooking Eggos this way is, you can cook up to a dozen Eggos at one time! To cook Eggos in the oven, place them on a foil-lined or parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and cook them for five to eight minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Now that you know a few ways to cook Eggos, will you choose to cook your Eggos in the microwave?