If you need a tasty and nutritious meal to energize you, you can’t go wrong with quiche. These dishes are simple to prepare, and they give you great freedom when it comes to preparation. But what happens with the cooking process – is it possible to microwave quiche? The answer is YES, and here is how to do that!
How to Microwave Quiche:
If you want to prepare quiche in the microwave, all it takes is to follow these steps:
- Prepare your quiche by combining eggs and other desired ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Feel free to add ham, cheese, spices, and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Put the microwave-friendly plate in the device.
- Choose medium power settings on the microwave.
- Cook for approximately two minutes.
- See if your quiche is ready. If you notice it could use some more cooking, return it to the microwave for 60 more seconds.
Please note the times given are merely an estimate.
You know your microwave best, so adjust the settings accordingly.
Cooking your quiche evenly is the primary consideration to follow during the process.
Can You Reheat a Quiche?
What if you have a quiche ready, but you’d like to reheat it?
Check out this quick guide on how to make it warm:
- Make sure it is in a microwave-friendly bowl.
- Use low or medium power settings.
- Set the microwave to 60 seconds.
- Check the quiche to see if it is warm.
- If necessary, put it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds more.
The key consideration is not to overheat it. That is why you should take things gradually during the reheating process.
Here is a pro tip – sprinkle the quiche with a bit of water to keep the crust soft.
If you wonder whether you can reheat a frozen quiche in a microwave, the answer is yes.
Make sure to use the lowest settings possible – go with the Defrost function if your device has it.
Using low temperatures will defrost the quiche without overheating it.