Tofu is a tasty treat that is versatile and fits various dishes. It can be a perfect healthy snack since it is loaded with nutrients. You can also choose the desired firmness to fit your preference.
Is it possible to microwave tofu? Whether you want to prepare it from scratch or reheat it, a microwave can be of assistance.
How to Microwave Tofu:
Before you microwave tofu, please note it might not have the crispiness like when frying or baking it.
Here are the steps to microwaving tofu:
- Choose the desired tofu. You can use an entire block.
- Cut the block into strips. The idea is to have small slices that can fit on a plate.
- Make sure the plate you use is microwave-friendly.
- Insert the plate in the microwave.
- Set the device temperature settings to low or medium-low.
- Turn on the microwave for 60-120 seconds. It depends on the individual device – the more power it has, the less time it requires.
- Remove the tofu and use pressing or patting to eliminate water.
Here is a neat trick – you can pour the desired sauce over tofu while it is still warm. A great addition to tofu is scrambled eggs right from the microwave!
Can You Reheat Tofu?
Yes, it is possible to reheat tofu. Before we proceed with the instructions, fried crispy tofu might become softer in the microwave. The reheating process might affect overall food texture.
- Add tofu to a microwave-friendly plate. It would be best if strips or cubes are not close to each other.
- Drizzle the tofu with water to minimize the drying risk.
- Use low-temperature settings, and set the timer to 30 seconds.
- Once the timer expires, check the heated level.
- If you want to heat the tofu more, repeat the process until you achieve the desired hotness.
The best tip we can give you is to take things slow when reheating tofu. That way, you will prevent it from drying and ensure it fits your taste.